Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost

Once Burned Night Prince by Jeaniene Frost ~V^^^^V

Our first look into the much adored Vlad Tepesh's life, privately. This Night Huntress character was too dynamic not to get his own series. Vlad has been my favorite since he took Cat's side, so many books ago. He has been a great friend to her, caring and affectionate. Which is what I was expecting of him in his own series. I can sense it's there but he seems to hide behind a bit of a wall. Nevertheless he takes a shot with Leila. She is a special woman with the ability to "see" a person's greatest sin, past and future with just a touch. When she is forced to find Vlad, he is immediately cautious about her but takes her in and attempts to ferret out an enemy who wants him dead. The chemistry between the two is immediate and intense. This book had all the things I love about Jeaniene's writing. I couldn't stop or slow down, just kept turning those pages as fast as I could. There are just a few things that kept it from being a 5 star for me. Number one, Leila; I think maybe I am jealous. I just don't think she is good enough for him, something about her rubbed me the wrong way. Really she is great but a few things annoyed me. Number two, I lost the romantic image I built up in my mind of Vlad, reality has intruded. Finally, number three, not enough Cat and Bones. I just kept asking myself, when will Cat show up? Where is Cat? Etc. These are all just personal issues and really the book is quite good.  I suspect that this series will only improve and am anxious to see how it will all work out. ~Michelle

Book 2:  Twice Tempted (3/19/13)

No comments:

Post a Comment