Saturday, July 21, 2012

Myth and Magic by Keri Arthur

 Myth and Magic Series by Keri Arthur ~V^^^^V



Destiny Kills ~V^^^^V
I really enjoyed this book. It was my first look at dragons as shifters and I have to say I liked it. The mythology of the Loch Ness Monster really helped put it over for me. I love all things unexplained, so it was fantastic. The action and romance/steam were excellent as well. Though I was a little lost in the beginning my like Destiny herself, I soon found myself immersed. I can't wait for the second book.



Mercy Burns ~V^^^V
I didn't like this one nearly as much as the first. I think the first one intrigued me with the Nessie story, where this one had none of that. Mercy tended toward a personality that got on my nerves. She was obviously upset over the death of her friend and the prejudice against half dragons, so I will allow some character flaws due to stress. What I didn't care for was her utter instance to not hurt or kill those who were intending to do the same to her. Damon tended to not be as kind as I would have liked either. I know he was an assassin and that would be his personality but I wished he pulled some kindness toward Mercy out sooner then he did. The most enjoyable part of the book for me was the last chapter, with an appearance of characters from the previous book, albeit too short. ~Michelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment