Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Elder Races by Thea Harrison

Elder Races Series by Thea Harrison ~V^^^^V


Dragon Bound ~V^^^^V
Fabulous book! Pia is so personable, I love how she says there is a lunatic living inside her body. She tends to run her mouth without thinking often and the results tend to be extremely funny. Dragos, oh what to say? He is an overbearing, bossy, super alpha. But God is he hot and so enticingly Alpha. The whole book you are left in the dark as to what Pia is (don't worry you will find out) and it is quite the suprise. Dragos being a dragon, can he handle it? I can say that this was an excellent introduction to a new series. I can't wait to continue.








Storm's Heart ~V^^^^^V
Tricks is awesome! I love her, she is all about having fun but she isn't an air head. Tiago is SUPER hot and the sexual tension is instantaneous. I really can't tell you how much I enjoyed this book. Suffice it to say it was fabulous from start to finish. Tricks has to take reprehensibility for the Dark Fae, as the heir she has her work cut out for her. Tiago and Tricks make an incredible team, TEAM being the optimal word there. Wonderful, just wonderful. I am loving this series. 






Serpent's Kiss ~V^^^V
Wasn't quite as good as the first two in the series but nontheless it was enjoyable. The concept of time travel is rather confusing in books but I do enjoy it. The passion between the two main characters is intense and highly enjoyable. The whole time I couldn't imagine how Carling was going to manage to escape her death sentence. Hell at one point I was convinced that this would be the first romance I read that would end with the couple dieing together. Never fear though they get their HEA. I am going to keep going with this series.








True Colors ~V^^^V
Too short! That is my only complaint. I felt like it was a little rushed just because of the length. The story had all the things I have come to expect from this series. Mystery, tension, romance and action. Everything was in a shorter form but it was still there. I am really enjoying this series. I am actually going to start Oracle's Moon as soon as I finish this review. So... In short I recommend this series, check it out.


Oracle's Moon ~V^^^V
I really liked Grace and Khalil. The whole story with the young children was wonderful as well. I think any mother can relate to a lot of that story. The things that kept this book from being a four or five star for me were... I didn't like how Grace and Khalil hated each other at first. I don't think there really was significant background to support it. The other problem is that the story tended toward dragging on for too long. Once there was a some action it, the book was nearly over and the action was very quick. This is a fun series though, it will be interesting to see what happens next.



Natural Evil ~V^^^V
I don't know why I read these novellas. This one was again too short. I wish the story had been a little longer. I felt like I was rushed the whole time. Claudia is retired military, just wondering the country until she comes upon a lump on the interstate. Turns out to be a large "dog" that is badly injured. She takes him to a vet and things develop from there. Initially this story didn't really pop for me, just seemed slow at the start. Then all of the sudden the whole case opens up and the action occurs rather quickly, only to slow way down again. Overall I liked the characters and I can say that there was plenty of steam when it was needed. I just felt like the pace was all wrong. I will see what I think of the next novella though and soon enough one more full length book. ~Michelle 


I haven't read Devil's Gate yet, I am hoping the ebook price comes down. In the interim I can wait for Hunter's Season which is expected to be released September 18, 2012. The next full length book is Lord's Fall, with expected publication November 6, 2012. I suspect that one will be exceptional. 





No comments:

Post a Comment