Sunday, June 17, 2012

Water Bound by Christine Feehan

Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart Book 1) by Christine Feehan ~V^V


I thought I would give Feehan another chance since I did enjoy the Drake sisters and I still like the Ghostwalkers. I guess I just wasn't ready for her phrasing again. I will give her credit for giving us a different kind of heroine with Rikki having Autism. The male lead, Lev, was patient, intriguing and attractive, of course. They seemed to have great chemistry, but I just couldn't get into the story. The use of too many words and the repetitive nature of the telling made the story way too slow. I found Rikki generally mean and unlikable, perhaps I just didn't understand her. Nonetheless I just got tired of reading how she was "different", her constant counting, her insistence that she HAD to have things her way, that no one be in her house or on her boat with her. I could do without the constant reminders of how life was difficult for her, like it made an excuse for her to be rude to everyone. Mainly I just didn't like Rikki, she never grew on me, the story was too slow and her issues just bogged it down further. I am not in a rush to continue this series. ~Michelle 

Book 2: Spirit Bound

No comments:

Post a Comment