Monday, June 11, 2012

Captivated by Deb Apodaca

 
Captivated (Affliction #1) by

I liked it but I didn't love it. I am anxious to read the second installment but only because in true YA form it ended on a cliff hanger. I really enjoyed the "bad" vampire idea, as well as the slayers. However my issues lie in how long it took to get that info. I felt like if I just turned one more page I would find out what was going on, the WHOLE book. Suddenly the info was there but the book was almost over. I also got confused by all the names, almost like an info dump only it was a character dump. I had to keep asking myself, "who was that person again", I had trouble recalling if they were good or bad or what. I was very bothered by the attempted rape, blow off, but I can easily see a teenage not wanted to get into trouble, or being embarrassed so not taking it further. Therefore while I was annoyed by it, I found it believable. I think I will read the next book just too see if the writing improves, the story is interesting enough I just think the writing needs a little something. ~Michelle 

Book 2:  Unattainable

 

No comments:

Post a Comment