Monday, June 25, 2012

Charley Davidson by Darynda Jones

Charley Davidson by Darynda Jones ~V^^^^^V

Holy awesome series! A fresh new idea and so wonderfully told. I can not tell you how much I love this series. I am so thankful I came across this one and I am beyond recommending you read them, I am demanding it. 



First Grave on the Right ~V^^^^^V
It has been a LONG time since I found a book that I enjoyed this much. It has the perfect balance of comedy and mystery. The concepts of death and the grim reaper are new and refreshing. The pacing is perfect, the balance of mystery, action, and sexual encounters is perfect, and the character development is fabulous. I honestly can't tell you anything I would change about this book. I am just going to keep gushing and recommend this book to anyone who enjoys, Urban Fantasy, Mystery, Comedy or Paranormal Romance. It really is an EXCELLENT book. Go start this series immediately!



Second Grave on the Left ~V^^^^^V 
Continuing from the First Grave on the Right, Grim Reaper Charley Davidson, knows who the big bad is and she wants him. He keeps appearing to her incorporeal and not looking so well. Turns out Demons are torturing him to find her; now he wants to just let his body die so they can't get to her. Not only that her best friend Cookie, has a missing friend, so her newest case is somewhat personal. Oh and her father is keeping secrets. This book had me not only cracking up but also completely enthralled the whole time. I was anxious to see what Charley could do for her man Reyes, and loved finding out his back story. My heart also broke a little for Charley, due to her family drama. 

Third Grave Dead Ahead ~V^^^^^V
WOW! This book was incredible. I am starting to become more of a Urban Fantasy fan now more than ever before and this series is at the heart of it. I love that they is a constant romantic interest and still a very strong female lead.

Now in this book Reyes has been bound and Charley is at fault. Needless to say he is a little unhappy. He tells her information that will clear his name, so she is one the case to prove his innocence. In non Reyes life we have a doctor who asked Charley to help him find his missing wife. She doesn't for a minute believe that he is truly concerned about his wife and takes the case, just to prove his guilt.

That is just some of the action and fun in this third installment of the Charley Davidson series, there is plenty more once you get reading. Which you should! I can't wait to read the next one.


 
There is a novella told from a deceased perspective interacting with Charley that is excellent, though too short.  
For I Have Sinned ~V^^^V
What I liked about this story was the outside perspective of Charley. We got to see what its like for the ghosts after death. We get to look at Charley without being inside her head and see how she really does help the departed. I am really enjoying this series and think everyone should give it a try. ~Michelle



Next installment Fourth Grave Beneath my Feet is scheduled to be released October 30, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment