Saturday, January 12, 2013

New Year Review

A Red Hot New Year Anthology  ~V^^^V

First, WOW (nervous laughter) I didn't know this was going to be SO naughty. I just really didn't think, going in that this was one of those Erotic books. I decided to give all of these novellas a chance so I am reviewing ALL of the book. As a whole, I give it a 3 star rating. Now let me break it down. 

New Year's Bites by Cynthia Eden: This is a paranormal erotic story. Anna is attacked and bitten by a werewolf on New Year's Eve. Jon, a man she has recently been working with and fantasizing about helps her overcome her bite and deal with her transformation. This story in my opinion was just kind of blah. 

Night Resolutions by Diana Mercury: I really didn't care for this one. Chantal is invited to a New Year's get away with her boyfriend. The stay at the mansion of his friend's "uncle" turns into an orgy. For me this story was very confusing, the story seemed disjointed and in a lot of ways just plain uncomfortable. The orgy and sex scenes were well described but really it was quite uncomfortable. I really didn't like this story at all.

Snow Blind by Virginia Reede: Story of BFF's, Gerry and "Jules", a New Year's weekend couples getaway goes awry. In no time Gerry and Jules are exploring their relationship in a whole new way. This story was VERY naughty. I saw some of the stuff coming from a mile away but overall this is one of the best in the Anthology. 


Coming on Strong by Denise Rossetti: This one was pretty well written and not too far over the erotic line for me. I just thought is seemed a little choppy and I felt like I kept missing things. I felt awful for Gina, I mean she had no idea what was wrong with her and to be so fearful of anyone finding anything out, she must have really felt alone. Then to have such a hot man interested and feeling there was no future, how tragic. I think this story was easiest to feel, but again a little harder to follow. If that makes any sense. 

I guess I would say again, overall this anthology was OK. ~Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment