Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Little Something Different -PART 2

A few of the non Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Books I have read.


Glow in the Dark Constellations by C.E. Thompson~ V^^^^^V
I LOVE this book. It has great explanations and details about constellations. Where and when you can see them. The story of their namings and you can SEE them. While the illustration shows the surrounding stars the constellations are the only part that glow. This has been an excellent help for pointing out the actual stars in the sky. Once you can see them in a book you know what to look for. ~
Michelle





Icarus at th
e Edge of Time by Brian Greene~ V^^^^^V
The title and the cover art drew me in. I love a good myth. This updated journey of Icarus to the edge of a black hole is wonderful. The pictures from NASA would excellent the the story itself actually helped me to finally understand the time differential that applies to black holes. I recommend this one to adults despite the fact that this is a children's book. Its really fun for all. ~Michelle





Aliens and Energy by
Agnieszka Biskup~ V^^^^^V
My daughter knows I love Aliens so she brought this book home from her school library for me to read. Didn't want to disappoint her so I read it. I have to say it was really fun. Given the simple explanations I actually learned a few things I didn't know already. This book is an educational explanation of energy. Where does energy come from and how does it work? The comic book graphics and little jokes make it interesting to even to me. Definite recommendation for children who want to know but need a "monster" to keep them hooked. ~Michelle





Tutankhamen's Tomb: Uncover the Secrets and Treasures of Ancient Egypt by Jen Green~ V^^^^V
Educational, fun, and interesting as heck. My first pop up book in ages and they are still as fun as I remembered. This one pretty much covered everything I already knew from previous research but this was a fun new look at all the stuff. From the break down of the inside of the sarcophagus to the removal of brains through the nose. It's all there in intricate detail.
~Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment