Sunday, December 22, 2013

Yule Be Mine Anthology Review

Yule Be Mine Anthology by Lori Foster ~V^^^V

This is a Christmas themed collection of short stories by Lori Foster. Overall I will say that I liked it. Her writing style, flow and descriptions were very good. I was just disappointed by the length of the stories, I would really have loved more. 

He Sees You When You're Sleeping
Booker wants out of his current relationship because he has fallen hard for his neighbor and friend, Frances. This story skipped the relationship building because the couple are already friends. That I think is what stumbled me, I would have liked to witness it first hand. 

White Knight Christmas
Officer Parker Ross hates Christmas, while Lily Donaldson, his neighbor loves it. Among other issues for these two is her hero worship and their age difference. I am not sure what it was about this one but something just didn't work for me. 

Do You Hear What I Hear
Sergeant Osbourne Decker thinks Marci Churchill is a kook, and he wants nothing to do with that since his last relationship. However is ridiculously attracted to her. She also wants Decker, but he fights it hard. Really this had more time to develop but again was lacking something. I am suspecting there is a theme of prickly men that annoy me. 

The Christmas Present 
Levi and Beth had an out of control weekend after Beth discovered that her fiance cheated on her. Since then she has been running from Levi, ashamed of herself. Levi doesn't want it to be over. This story was another hard one to get into. I was uncomfortable with the stalkerish behavior of Levi, the bases were covered with her family present and at some point I got into it. The other thing is I think this goes with a series I haven't read. 
Once again I will say these short stories were well written and have good flow, I just wish they were all longer. Overall a pretty decent holiday read. ~Michelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment