Sunday, February 3, 2013

Night's Dark Embrace by Jeaniene Frost

Night's Dark Embrace by Jeaniene Frost ~V^^^V

Blurb:  Enter the dark realm of Nocturna in Jeaniene Frost’s redhot tale, where blisteringly sexy Raphael dominates the demons of a lawless dimension and tries to help a beautiful young woman avenge her cousin’s disappearance.

Note: Originally appeared in the Haunted By Your Touch anthology.


Without any spoilers I will say that this was very different from the Night Huntress series. I didn't much care for it, sadly. It read very YA and the main female lead, Cara, was so juvenile in her thoughts and behaviors that I wanted to strangle her. Once I got in far enough, to learn what Raphael was I think I started to figure out what it was that didn't click for me. Its some deep embedded dislike of his kind of Fae. Any-who, the writing was of course excellent, along with pacing who the character development seemed blah. Over I give it an OK rating but nothing more. ~Michelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment