Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Edge of Dawn by Lara Adrian

One week from today the newest installment of the Midnight Breed series will be released. The Warriors are taking on a whole new look with the younger generation now adults and taking over some of the duties .After the Breed were exposed the world of humans life has become VERY much a different creature. The series is doing a huge time jump from the last installment, which can be a little scary to old fans like myself but I have faith in Lara. That said Lara Adrian was kind enough to send us an ARC for review, here is what I thought. 


EDGE OF DAWN ~V^^^^^V
I was hesitant to get too involved in this story, after all, the last Midnight Breed book read like an ending. Obviously, this book would need to read as a beginning of sorts, that was where it took some mental preparation. If you have read the previous books then you are familiar with Mira and to a lesser extent, Kellan. You will remember them as children, or in Kellan's case a teen. This story is twenty years later, and in that time a whole lot has happened. Some of which was a hard sell for me because time leaps can be tricky. I had a little difficulty seeing Mira as an adult at first. Once I got deeper into the story I was able to take the leap of faith and embrace the new Mira. The whole setting for the story may be the same but it has a whole new look. This post-apocalyptic Boston is very different from where we last remember seeing the Breed. In no way does this take away from the story it really gives it a grittier look. Along the way we meet the new generation of Warriors, with a few surprising twists, and a new more sinister bad guy. Yeah, forget about Drago, this sh*t just got thick. 

So back to my thoughts, I REALLY enjoyed this book. While it took me a bit longer to be sucked in, once I was there I couldn't wait to see how it all played out. I have to say, this has renewed my ants in the pants feelings for the next book. All I can say is WOW, what a fresh new beginning Edge of Dawn is for the Midnight Breed series!

You can pick this one up next Tuesday in the US. Do yourself a favor and check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment