Saturday, November 19, 2011

Much Ado About Vampires -Katie MacAlister

Much Ado About Vampires (Dark Ones, #9)Much Ado About Vampires by Katie MacAlister

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I am so sad to have to report that really I didn't enjoy this book. Normally I love Katie MacAlister's books but this one I just could not get into. I thave to agree with a few reviews I read here on Goodreads. Cora was just plain ditsy and annoying, her dislike of vampires made NO sense to me at all and her fairly quick 180 on the subject made her seem like she had no standards. That's not to say that Alec isn't likable, because he is. Alec seems like almost the only one with any sense in the relationship. So my dislike of the main female character aside I found the flow of the book confusing and the fact that half of the book is written in first person Cora and the other half is third person, Alec really daunting. (Seriously, I wrote it down ever time it changed... Chapters 1-3,7,10,13,16,18 are all in 3rd person and Chapters 4-6, 8-9, 11-12, 14-15, 17, 19 are all in 1st person.)

I will say that I did enjoy the catch up with previous Dark Ones characters and the addition of some of the Dragon series characters. On a few occasions I laughed at some of the jokes but overall I don't think it was enough to save this story.



View all my reviews
~Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment