Sunday, March 13, 2011

And One Last Thing by Molly Harper Reviewed



And One Last Thing by Molly Harper ~ V^^^^^V

Have I mentioned that I love Molly Harper? Well I do. I put off reading And One Last Thing for a long time. I am not a big Chick Lit fan, nor am I a divorcee so I just didn’t think I would like it. I was wrong. Finally after months of humming and hawing I went ahead and did it. First of all I don’t know what it is about Molly’s writing that just speaks to me but I feel like she is writing in my own internal monologue voice. I swear more saying and thoughts come out of her characters that I think myself than I would say is rational. Anyway to the point; One Last Thing is a story of Lacey Terwiller, a suburban housewife who discovers her husband is having an affair. The story follows her struggle through the anger, hurt, betrayal and eventual rebuilding of her life. The writing is phenomenal. So completely engrossed in the tale I was embarrassed, enraged, hurt and saddened along with Lacey. I wanted to reach into the pages and strangle Mike, the ex, myself. I HIGHLY recommend this book, it really was a great story. ~Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment