Thursday, October 14, 2010

Where did the day go?

So, last night I finally finished reading Crave, book two in the Fallen Angels series by J.R. Ward, and OMG is it March yet?? I can't express to you how much I love her writing. I'm sure there are others out there that have similar writing styles, but I haven't had the pleasure as of yet. Between the way she spins her tale, the perfect lines for each characters personality, the growing passion between the focal couple, the progression of the danger and the conclusion from the outcome. Couldn't ask for more. If you haven't read her Fallen Angels or her Black Dagger Brotherhood series as of yet, please give them a shot. I'm sure you'll be glad you did!

Seven deadly sins. Seven souls that must be saved. One more no-holds- barred battle between a fallen angel with a hardened heart and a demon with everything to lose.

Isaac Rothe is a black ops soldier with a dark past and a grim future. The target of an assassin, he finds himself behind bars, his fate in the hands of his gorgeous public defender Grier Childe. His hot attraction to her can only lead to trouble-and that's before Jim Heron tells him his soul is in danger. Caught up in a wicked game with the demon who shadows Jim, Isaac must decide whether the soldier in him can believe that true love is the ultimate weapon against evil.



When I got up this morning, I was planning on starting Kiss of Midnight by Lara Adrian after I spent a few minutes refining a few things on my blog. Not until I got a tweet at 1:30pm from someone stating that they had yet to eat today, did I realize how long I had NOT been reading. lol I was on a roll! What can I say. *shrug* Things were finally flowing and I didn't want to stop, so I kept at it. When the dog kept coming in and bugging me, did I look up and realize it was then 5:30pm. Well, duh. She was hungry. *snort* So I hurriedly finished what I was doing, shut down the laptop, fed the dog and ran out the door. It's Thursday night, and I have a standing date with a friend for dinner and The Vampire Diaries. *grin* Had to hit the store on the way to her house and it was pushing 6:40pm when I got in my car. Diner was good, but The Vampire Diaries was a friggin' rerun. *glares* Oh, well.

So, my day didn't go as planned, but was good none the less. Now, as 11:00pm approaches, I think I'll snuggle down with my book and get down to business.

No comments:

Post a Comment