Friday, April 1, 2011

Lover Unleashed JR Ward

Lover Unleashed Book 9 of the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by J.R. Ward. ~V^^^^^V

OK, I have say as a sidebar that I was not in love with the previous 3 books. I lean more towards Romance while Pamela leans more towards Urban Fantasy. That said I felt that Lover Enshrined, Lover Avenged and Lover Mine all leaned more toward Urban Fantasy and further out of the original Romance Genera. So with that said I was excited about the next installment in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series but kind of put it on the back burner. Though I have to say that lasted all of half of release day. By early afternoon I had gone ahead and started it. So without further a due my thoughts and opinions:

J.R. Ward definitely got her groove back I think, or maybe it was just that this book brought back many of the previous character and the interplay was intense. The drama absolutely sucked me immediately in and I was hard pressed to put the book down. The book being very heavy on V, Jane and Butch really helped work the newer characters in. Honestly I think I was more interested in the side stories and character interplay than the true main characters of the book. For me it almost seemed that the story of Manny and Payne was almost secondary to everyone else; which is fine. It was interesting and well told but a little light on the details. Over all though I would say that this book it definitely a major must read as soon as possible. I have found my lover of the Black Dagger Brotherhood once and again and am already anxious for the net installment. ~Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment